Tributes

We are incredibly saddened by the passing of John Logue. It's so hard to fathom that he's gone. This is a place where we can share some thoughts and memories about John Logue.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I feel shocked and saddened...

I feel shocked and saddened by John Logue’s untimely death. The sadness is mixed with a feeling of having been fortunate to know him and be inspired by his vision and his presence. Some of my colleagues and I here in Canada had the opportunity to work with, and get to know, John Logue over the past three years, and prior. He gave so much of himself, contributed far beyond the call of duty and shared his vision of a more just world in a concrete and highly effective way – by helping to build it. Through the Western Labour Worker Co-op Council, I and others were able to work with John on attempted buy-outs as well as drafting of guides and a research paper. Although we had to work at a distance from each other, he frequently spent significant time on the phone with me or the group, imparting his knowledge for the benefit of workers in our communities affected by impending job loss, and he also went out of his way to meet with some of our group in Montreal. Our Council would not exist in its current form without John’s influence. I can also carry with me the fact that I was able to meet him once, at the Eastern Conference for Workplace Democracy this past summer in Pittsburgh. John was with us far too briefly, but he leaves a legacy which will live on: in Ohio, in other parts of the US and also in Canada.

My sincere condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues at OEOC.

Hazel Corcoran
Executive Director, Canadian Worker Co-op Federation"

No comments:

Post a Comment